The Best in Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus
For years people have been suffering from toenail fungus. It is not a new disease. What are new are the laser treatments and over the counter and prescription medications that can help people afflicted with the disease of toenail fungus get better. However, all those treatments are very expensive and have side effects and before you try modern treatments, you might want to try out the old fashioned home remedies for fungus instead. A lot of them use common food products found around the house. While you might find some work and others don’t it is not the remedy but rather that your fungus is tougher than most to kill.
- Tea tree oil is extremely effective as a home remedy toe nail fungus treatment. All you need to do is dip a cotton ball in the oil and then start rubbing the infected toenail two times a day, once in the morning and the second time before going to bed at night.
- Listerine mouthwash is also an old home remedy for toenail fungus that is extremely helpful in treating this disease. All you do is soak your toes in the mouthwash for about 15-20 minutes, twice day – once in the morning and once at night. You will find that its medicinal properties will help control the fungal growth.
- One of the best nail fungus home remedies to use is apple cider Vinegar. All you do is fill a bucket with an equal proportion of water and natural apple cider vinegar. Then you soak your feet easily in the bucket for around 15 to 20 minutes each time. It is recommended that you do this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening and then dry your toenails thoroughly.
- An unusual home remedy is to use lavender oil and tea tree oil. All you do is mix equal amounts of lavender oil and tea tree oil, then you soak a cotton ball in the mixture and dab the toe nail with it. You do this 2 to 3 times a day.
- Another old time remedy for toenail fungus is to soak the feet in rubbing alcohol, for about 20 minutes.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is one of the best anti fungal nail home remedies to get rid of the awful fungus on your feet. All you need to do is just soak your feet in a tub filled with equal proportions of water and Hydrogen Peroxide (3%), for about 15 minutes. Then you dry the feet completely.
- An old home remedy is to make a paste with turmeric powder and water. You then apply this paste on your toe nail. Then you rinse it off when it dries and dry your feet.
- Peel an onion very well and then cut it into slices. Then you rub the affected toenail with the onion slices for while. A lot of people find this is an effective way to treat any type of fungal infections.
- Another effective home remedy is to soak a cotton ball in concentrated lime juice. Then you rub the cotton on the affected toenail.