Help is on the Way with a Toenail Fungus Bleach Treatment
Toe nail fungus also known as Onychomycosis and while it’s got a fancy name it really is nothing but a fungal infection of the toe nail. Fungus is group of microorganisms that are capable of causing infection under certain condition that favor their growth.
Toe Fungus and Bleach
You will find that there are many treatment options for toenail fungus, and bleaching is one among them. Once upon a time bleaching was very popular as a treatment but over the years it has been slowly replaced by commercial home remedies and prescription medications.
The process of bleach for toenail fungus can take a lot of time. This is the main reason for it has lost its popularity. Nevertheless, if you choose to bleach toenail fungus you will find that it is very efficient in treating toenail fungus. As person who has this problem can spend as little as 30 minutes a day on this bleach nail fungus treatment and it really can make a big improvement in the problem.
How Bleach and Onychomycosis Work With Each Other
You will find that bleaching is the cheapest treatment option for Onychomycosis or toenail fungus when compared with other treatment options. You can use standard bleaching powder that you use when you do the laundry supplies or use bleach as a beauty product.
Bleach Has Many Foot Uses
There are many uses for bleach in relation to taking care of your feet.
- You can use the bleaching powder in hundred parts of water just to help keep the foot clean and fresh.
- Take one part of bleaching powder in ten parts of water in order to remove the stains from toe nail fungus.
- You can use bleach to cure toenail fungus that requires different dilutions and more contact time.
How to Use Bleach to Cure Toenail Fungus
- Trim the toenail as much as possible and the file the nail to make it thinner.
- Then take one tablespoon of bleaching powder and mix it in one gallon of water.
- Soak the toenail for at least thirty minutes a day. (soaking 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in evening is the best way to accomplish this)
Some people choose to use a one in four solution of bleaching powder or undiluted bleaching powder and place that directly on the infected toe nail. But if you choose to do that you must be very careful not to irritate the skin as bleaching powder is a very corrosive chemical. Also be very careful that the fumes that come from the bleaching powder are not inhaled as it can damage your respiratory system.
While bleaching won’t cure the toenail fungus immediately, you should be prepared for it to take almost two to three months to get cured completely. While this method does take a long time to cure toenail fungus, it is considered harmless if used in the proper dilution.
Onychomycosis – The discoloration and thickening of the toenail caused by fungus.
Fungus – The microorganism like bacteria and virus but bigger in size than both.